5 of 26 displayed
- Analyze and report computer network security breaches or attempted breaches.
- Analyze network data to determine network usage, disk space availability, or server function.
- Back up network data.
- Configure and define parameters for installation or testing of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), hubs, routers, switches, controllers, multiplexers, or related networking equipment.
- Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
All 26 displayed
- Configure wide area network (WAN) or local area network (LAN) routers or related equipment.
- Create or revise user instructions, procedures, or manuals.
- Create or update technical documentation for network installations or changes to existing installations.
- Document help desk requests and resolutions.
- Document network support activities.
- Evaluate local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) performance data to ensure sufficient availability or speed, to identify network problems, or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
- Install and configure wireless networking equipment.
- Install network software, including security or firewall software.
- Install new hardware or software systems or components, ensuring integration with existing network systems.
- Install or repair network cables, including fiber optic cables.
- Maintain logs of network activity.
- Monitor industry websites or publications for information about patches, releases, viruses, or potential problem identification.
- Perform routine maintenance or standard repairs to networking components or equipment.
- Provide telephone support related to networking or connectivity issues.
- Research hardware or software products to meet technical networking or security needs.
- Run monthly network reports.
- Test computer software or hardware, using standard diagnostic testing equipment and procedures.
- Test repaired items to ensure proper operation.
- Train users in procedures related to network applications software or related systems.
- Troubleshoot network or connectivity problems for users or user groups.
5 of 22 displayed
- Analyze data to identify or resolve operational problems.
- Analyze security of systems, network, or data.
- Conduct research to gain information about products or processes.
- Configure computer networks.
- Create electronic data backup to prevent loss of information.
All 22 displayed
- Develop specifications for computer network operation.
- Document network-related activities or tasks.
- Document operational activities.
- Implement security measures for computer or information systems.
- Install computer hardware.
- Install computer software.
- Maintain computer hardware.
- Monitor the performance of computer networks.
- Prepare instruction manuals.
- Provide technical support for computer network issues.
- Resolve computer network problems.
- Test computer hardware performance.
- Test computer system operations to ensure proper functioning.
- Test software performance.
- Train others in computer interface or software use.
- Troubleshoot issues with computer applications or systems.
- Update knowledge about emerging industry or technology trends.
4 of 45 displayed
- Advanced Network Analyst (Navy - Enlisted)
- AEGIS Computer Network Technician, BL 6.3 (Navy - Enlisted)
- Electronics Data Systems Technician (Navy - Enlisted)
- Electronics Technician (Navy - Enlisted)
Share this article
Copyright © 2023 l www.quicktechusa.com. All rights reserved.