HP Intel Graphics Driver
Last Reviewed: 27-Dec-2016
Article ID: 000005492
Click or the topic for details:
What is Miracast*?
Miracast is an industry standard created by the Wi-Fi Alliance* association, and is incorporated into Windows 8.1* operating system. Devices that are Wi-Fi Certified Miracast* enable easy content streaming between devices, such as a laptop to TV, or a laptop to a projector.
What is needed for Miracast to work?
- Windows 8.1 operating system
- PC with the following:
- A display (e.g. TV) that supports Miracast or a TV paired with a TV adapter that supports Miracast
Which Intel® products support Miracast?
Intel® Processors and Intel graphics:
- Intel® HD Graphics 4000
- Intel® HD Graphics 2500
- Intel® HD Graphics 4200
- Intel® HD Graphics 4400
- Intel® HD Graphics 4600
- Intel® HD Graphics 5000
- Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100
- Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200
- Intel® Celeron® Processor J1750/J1850 with Intel® HD Graphics
- Intel® Pentium® Processor J2850 with Intel® HD Graphics
- Intel® 6 Series Chipsets
- Intel® 7 Series Chipsets
- Intel® 8 Series Chipsets
- Mobile Intel® 6 Series Chipsets
- Mobile Intel® 7 Series Chipsets
- Mobile Intel® 8 Series Chipsets
What if my Intel® Processor does not support Miracast?How do I initially set up a wireless external screen in Windows 8.1*?
- Verify that your PC supports Miracast.
- Turn your television on.
- Turn your computer on, and open the Charms menu of Windows 8.1 by swiping the right side of the screen.
- Select Devices > Project.
- Click Add a wireless display.
- A PIN displays on your Television screen. Enter this PIN in the Windows 8.1 screen that displays on your computer. To establish the connection, click Next.
How do I duplicate or extend the wireless external screen in Windows 8.1?
If you have not yet set up a wireless external display, see "How do I initially set up a wireless external screen in Windows 8.1?" above. Once set up is complete, you can watch this video for instructions, or follow these steps:
- Open the Charms menu of Windows 8.1 by swiping the right side of the screen.
- Select Devices.
- Select Project.
- Select the Duplicate or Extend option.
- Why you need an animated logo for your business